Let me know if you are interested in this offer.
___ Yes, I will handle this myself.
___ Please submit for me. $50 plus submission fees
/ covers delivery and pickup of artwork.
___ Not interested.
2016 CALL FOR ENTRIESSUBMISSION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1ST, BY 6 P.M.
NYC SUMMER INVITATIONAL SHOW
JULY 26 – AUGUST 20, 2016
RECEPTION ON THURSDAY, JULY 28, 5-8PM
SHOW DATES: JULY 26 – AUGUST 20, 2016
ARTIST RECEPTION: THURSDAY, JULY 28, FROM 5 – 8 P.M.
ELLIGIBLE MEDIUMS: PAINTING // DRAWING // MIXED MEDIA // CERAMICS // SCULPTURE
PHOTOGRAPHY // PRINTMAKING
CURATED BY: GEORGE BILLIS OF THE GEORGE BILLIS GALLERY, NEW YORK CITY
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES & PROSPECTUS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR
COMPLETED APPLICATION AND REQUIRED MATERIALS FOR CONSIDERATION.
|GUIDELINES AND PROSPECTUS|
are pleased to announce this opportunity for participation in our
annual juried exhibition hosted in a ground floor gallery in NYC in a
prime Chelsea Arts District location.|
1. All work must be framed or professionally presented. Any scratched, damaged or worn frames will not be accepted.
2. Titles, medium, dimension, and retail prices of the pieces must be included with submission.
3. All work must be wired properly for hanging, unless the aesthetics of the piece requires a different method in which case
instructions for hanging will be provided by the artist.
4. All work should be priced appropriately. Art Essex Gallery will retain 50% commission on the retail sale price without exception.
5. All submissions MUST include: A printed Biography and/or Resume, and an Artist Statement.
6. All submissions must be done via mail and include jpg image files on a CD or memory stick or slides. We will choose one piece from each accepted artist – unless asked otherwise. Please submit up to SIX (6) medium resolution images (under 1-2MB) for consideration, of work available for showing. Please attach all required materials with your mailed application.
7. All applications must be done via regular mail. Walk-in submissions will not be accepted.
8. Please label image files as follows: ARTIST’S NAME, TITLE OF PIECE, SIZE.
9. Accepted artwork must be available and for retail sale and received by the shipping deadline of Wednesday, July 20 by 6:00 PM, accepted works must be appropriately labeled with name, title, dimensions, medium, date, size, retail price. Please do not send personal business cards/brochures with accepted artwork.
|SHIPPING of accepted artwork:|
Artist is responsible for ALL shipping costs for delivery to and from the NYC gallery. You MUST include a return-shipping label from Fed Ex/UPS with shipment to the gallery. If you live in proximity to NYC and would like to hand deliver and pick up your piece that could be arranged.
Jury Fee ($45)
This includes submission and review of a maximum of 6 images.
Money Orders only, please submit the money order with your submission made payable to Art Essex Gallery.
Please send payment money order, attached form, bio/resume/statement and images to:
Art Essex Gallery
PO Box 20478
New York NY 10011
Art Essex Gallery and/or its jurors reserve the right to choose artwork deemed appropriate. Artists will be notified as early as possible after the jury convenes, either via email, letter, or phone call with the committee’s decision regarding submission. Please be patient during the jury process as there is a high volume of applicants for consideration. Please note that although your work might meet all of the criteria at an acceptable level, the committee reserves the right to refuse work based on suitability to the
atmosphere and aesthetics of summer invitational and available space. All Sales Final.
All works are accepted on a 50/50-consignment basis or 100% of the wholesale cost. Any merchandise that is not sold will be sent back to the artist at the artist’s expense unless an agreement has been worked out prior. Some artists may be invited to leave their works at Art Essex Gallery on consignment as in the past Art Essex Gallery has represented and sold work after the invitational ended. This does not guarantee representation by Art Essex Gallery or any of their affiliates. All art will be returned in the
packages sent, via FedEx or UPS with a prepaid label or an account number supplied by the artist. In the event of any broken merchandise that is returned, it is the artist’s responsibility to file a claim with FedEx, or UPS and insure his/her own work.
If a special order or commission is made as a direct result of viewing work at Art Essex Gallery, Art Essex Gallery will retain 50% of the sale of the special order.
WORKS SELECTED AND CHOSEN BY ART ESSEX GALLERY FOR THE EXHIBIT MUST BE
DELIVERED OR SHIPPED TO THE GALLERY BY:
Wednesday, July 20 by 6:00 PM UNLESS INSTRUCTED OTHERWISE.
Please complete this APPLICATION FORM and send with your submission by mail. With money order for $45 made to Art Essex Gallery, bio/resume, CD or slides to be included.
APPLICATION FORM (submit with your materials)
Full Name: _______________________________________________________________________
City:______________________ State:_______ Zip:____________
Phone (H):______________________________ (C): ___________________________
E-mail Address: ___________________________________________________________________
**SUBISSION MATERIALS WILL NOT BE RETURNED, ALL SALES FINAL**
|LIST OF SUBMITTED WORKS (submit with your materials)|
Your Name: _____________________________
• RETAIL PRICE IS THE PRICE THE GALLERY WILL LIST FOR THE SELLING PRICE, THE GALLERY COMMISSION IS 50% UPON SALE OF THE ART. AS AN EXAMPLE, YOUR RETAIL PRICE IS $1,500. YOUR COMMISSION IS $750. AND THE GALLERY COMMISSION IS $750.
• IDEMNIFICATION: Artist agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Art Essex Gallery and each of their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, curators and contractors against all claims, losses, suits, damages, judgments, expenses, costs (including without limitation reasonable legal fees and amounts paid in settlement) and charges of every kind arising out of or resulting from (i) Artist’s execution of this AGREEMENT or its occupancy of the space herein contracted for, or (ii) the acts, omissions, or negligence of Artist, Art Essex Gallery, or, its employees, agents, or contractors, or other Artists by reason of personal injuries, death or property damage or any other cause of action sustained
by any persons or others.